Saturday, May 12, 2012

Slackware lirc with mceusb

For my older installation (Slackware 12.2) I made this post to get lirc working.

Woodsman has posted this post and this post about starting lirc, which may help.

On Arch, where lirc is currently working, I have the following output
$ lsmod | grep lirc
ir_lirc_codec           4027  3 
lirc_dev                9359  1 ir_lirc_codec
rc_core                13280  14 mceusb,ir_nec_decoder,ir_rc5_decoder,ir_rc6_decoder,ir_jvc_decoder,rc_rc6_mce,ir_sony_decoder,ir_sanyo_decoder,ir_mce_kbd_decoder,ir_lirc_codec,cx88xx,rc_winfast

However, I did the following for my Slackware 13.37:
  1. I firstly installed lirc from Slackbuilds.
  2. I tried to start lircd but had to create a folder to prevent the following error:
    • lircd: can't open or create /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
      lircd: No such file or directory
    • Simple solution, use the following command (as root):
      # mkdir -p /var/run/lirc
  3. Start lircd with this command (as root)
    # lircd -d /dev/lirc/0

No comments:

Post a Comment